Chengdu Civil Air Defence
Chengdu Civil Air Defence is the competent department directly under the Chengdu Municipal People’s Government in charge of civil air defense work.
(1) To carry out national, provincial and municipal policies, guidelines, laws and regulations concerning civil air defense; to draft relevant local laws, regulations and provisions; to formulate development plans and annual plans for the development of municipal civil air defense and civil defense.
(2)To participate in reviewing plans for the combination of projects construction of civil air defense and urban construction and to supervise the implementation of requirements for civil air defense in overall urban planning; supervise and examine the execution of civil air defence and other civil defence requirements in urban construction, fundamental construction and underground space development and utilization by cities; launch civil air defence and other civil defence command projects, public shelter projects and main evacuation road projects; to supervise and inspect the maintenance and management of civil air defense works; to formulate development plans and promote combining peacetime and wartime footing in civil air defense.
(2) To direct civil air defence and other civil defence organizations; organize the formulation of municipal air defence plans; supervise and examine the implementation of city air defence plans and various security plans; to take the lead in constructing emergency evacuation bases; to supervise and inspect the implementation of civil air defense schemes and measures by city's important economic targets; to guide and coordinate the relevant departments to form and train mass organizations for air defense.
(3) To be responsible for civil air defense information application, formulate plans for civil air defense communication and the construction of warning network and organization their implementation.
(4) To organize civil air defense publicity; to work with the relevant departments to organize education training of air defense and disaster prevention, popularize basic knowledge and skills of air defense and disaster prevention; to organize scientific research on civil air defense and civil defense and promote relevant research achievements.
(6) To be responsible for the integrated construction of air defense and disaster prevention, use the facilities and resources of the civil air defense system to participate in the handling of emergencies and undertake task of disaster prevention and relief assigned by the municipal government.
(7) To be responsible for the management and accounting of the civil air defense supplies and state-owned assets; to draft budget for civil air defense and supervise its spending.
(8) To take charge of commanding civil air defense, eradicating air-raid consequences and cooperating air defense of critical areas and city defense in wartime.
(9) To direct civil air defense work of governments at district (city) and county level, and assist in the administration of leading cadres at district (city) county level.
(10) To undertake administrative approval matters announced by the municipal government.
(11) To undertake other tasks assigned by the municipal Party committee, municipal government and Chengdu Commission for National Defense Mobilization.