Chengdu Sports Bureau
(1) To carry out national, provincial and municipal policies, guidelines, laws and regulations on sports; to draft relevant local laws, regulations and provisions; to formulate plans for the development of sports and organize their implementation.
(2) To step up the construction of diversified sports service system and promote public sports services and the reform of sports system.
(3) To implement national fitness program and organize mass sports activities; to supervise the implementation of national physical training standard and organize the national physical makeup monitoring.
(4) To formulate plans for the development of the city’s competitive sports and distribution of sports items and guide the sports team building and training.
(5) To formulate plans for the municipal sports events and take charge of the management and coordination of large sports events; to carry out domestic and international sports cooperation and exchanges, organize to participate in and host domestic and international sports events.
(6) To formulate municipal sports industry policies; to participate in the formulation plans for the sports facilities distribution, guide the development of sports industry and the construction of key sports facilities and supervise the use and management of sports facilities.
(7) To make overall planning of the city's youth sports development, direct and promote youth sports .
(8) To undertake administrative approval matters announced by the municipal government.
(9) To undertake other tasks assigned by the municipal Party committee and municipal government.