(1) To carry out national, provincial and municipal policies, guidelines laws and regulations regarding culture, art, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press, publication and copyright management, draft relevant local laws, regulations and provisions; to draw up development plans for culture, art, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press and publication and organize their implementation; to step up reforms on the administrative and management system for culture, art, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press and publication.
(2) To take charge of the public cultural undertakings; to promote public cultural services in the sector of culture, art, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press and publication, to plan and guide the production of public cultural products; to guide the undertakings of libraries, cultural centers (stations) and art museums (art academy) and primary-level culture; to direct the key facilities construction for culture, art, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press and publication.
(3) To take charge of literary and artistic undertakings; to guide the artistic creation and production, support the representative, exemplary, experimental art boutique and promote the development of various categories of art; to manage and make preparations for the city's major cultural activities; to guide the vocational training for culture and art.
(4) To take charge of the intangible cultural heritage undertakings, organize the intangible cultural heritage protection, the inheritance and popularization of excellent national and local culture.
(5) To take charge of the cultural relics and museums undertakings; to organize cultural relics resources investigation; to organize cultural relics safety supervision; to participate in investigating violations against the law and regulations of cultural relics.
(6) To be responsible for the supervision and administration of radio, film and television institutions, publicity and publishing activities of press and publication agencies, the contents and quality of film, radio, television programs and publications; to carry out supervision and administration of the contents and quality of online audio-visual programs and public audiovisual carrier publishing programs.
(7) To be responsible for the supervision and administration of transmission coverage, monitoring and safe broadcasting of radio and television programs; to step up the construction of emergency broadcasting system; to accelerate the construction of information system for art, culture, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press and publication.
(8) To be responsible for the supervision and administration of the city's printing and duplicating industry, publications distribution industry and to promote the transformation and upgrading of printing industry and distribution industry.
(9) To be responsible for copyright management; to investigate and punish illegal acts in the field of publications, publishing activities and copyright.
(10) To guide the development of city's cultural industry; to step up integrated development of cultural industry and technological, financial, tourism and other related sectors.
(11) To supervise and manage the cultural market according to law and execute comprehensive law enforcement; to take the lead in organizing and coordinating the fight against pornography and illegal publications.
(12) To take charge of exchange and publicity events in the field of culture, art, cultural relics, radio, film, TV, press, publication and copyright management with Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan and overseas countries.
(13) To undertake administrative approval announced by the Chengdu Municipal Government.
(14) To undertake other tasks assigned by the Chengdu Municipal Party Committee and Chengdu Municipal Government.