(1) To carry out national, provincial and municipal policies, guidelines, laws and regulations concerning quality and technology supervision and to draft relevant local laws, regulations and normative documents; to draw up technical standards for quality and technology supervision and organize their implementation.
(2) To be responsible for quality management. To develop the city into a strong power of quality and promote the strategy of Famous Brand Names; to jointly launch quality supervision system of major engineering equipment with other relevant departments; to assist the state and province to investigate into major product quality accidents; to be responsible for the supervision and administration of product anti-counterfeiting.
(3) To supervise quality safety of the city's industrial products (including food products). To carry out safety mandatory inspection, risk monitoring and supervision spot-checks; to be responsible for the supervision and administration of the production certificates of industrial products; to manage certificates of the vehicle safety inspection agencies.
(4) To be responsible for the management of standardization. To organize the implementation of standardization strategy; to be responsible for the formulation, examination, approval, numbering and publication of local standards; supervise and promote the adoption of international standards and advanced overseas standards; to be responsible for the work of the city's organization codes and commodity bar codes.
(5) To be responsible for the management of metrology. To popularize national legal measurement units and national metrological system; to manage the city's measuring instruments, unit value dissemination, calibration and comparison; to standardize and supervise measurement for commodity and market.
(6) To be responsible for the administration of certification and accreditation and to implement the national certification and accreditation system.
(7) To be responsible for the safety supervision and administration of special equipment and to monitor the implementation of energy efficiency standards for high energy-consuming special equipment.
(8) To investigate and punish the violations against laws and regulations on quality and technology supervision; to coordinate the investigation and examination against important and major cases and organize safety specific rectification of product quality.
(9) To formulate and implement science and technology development plans for the city's quality and technology supervision and construction plans for technical institutions; to organize scientific research on quality and technology supervision as well as technology introduction.
(10) To undertake administrative approval announced by the municipal government.
(11) To undertake other tasks assigned by the municipal Party committee and municipal government.