Main Functions: Chengdu Administration for Industry and Commerce is the competent authority directly under the Chengdu Municipal People’s Government in charge of market supervision and administrative law enforcement.
(1) To carry out national, provincial and municipal policies, guidelines, laws and regulations on administration of industry and commerce; to draft relevant local laws, regulations and provisions; to take charge of market supervision and related administrative law enforcement.
(2) To carry out supervision and registration of various enterprises, agricultural cooperatives, entities or individuals engaged in business operation and foreign (regional) enterprises engaged in business operation in Chengdu and take charge of the investigation and ban on unlicensed business operation according to law.
(3) To regulate and maintain market order according to law and to regulate market transactions, online transactions and relevant services .
(4) To be responsible for the supervision and administration of product quality in the market.
(5) To protect consumers’ rights and interests in the service sector; to investigate and punish violations against the consumers’ rights and interests; to investigate and punish irregularities such as counterfeiting, faking and inferior quality; to guide the acceptance and handling of consumer inquiries, appeals and complaints, and instruct the development of 12315 networks thereof; to protect legitimate rights and interests of business operators and consumers.
(6) To investigate and punish illegal direct selling and pyramid selling cases; to regulate the operation of direct selling businesses according to law.
(7) to supervise and inspect the market competition behavior, investigate and punish economic irregularities such as unfair competition according to law; to cooperate with the superior departments to execute anti-monopoly administrative law enforcement.
(8) To regulate brokers, brokerages and their broking activities according to law.
(9) To carry out administrative supervision over contracts, investigate and punish illegal acts such as contractual fraud; to direct the registration of chattel mortgage and equity pledge; to supervise and manage auctions.
(10) To guide development of the advertising industry, formulate development plans, policies and measures for the municipal advertising industry and organize their implementation; to supervise and manage advertising activities.
(11) To take charge of trademark regulation, protect the exclusive right of trademark, investigate and punish any infringement thereof; to handle trademark-related disputes, reinforce efforts to protect well-known trademarks and famous trademarks.
(12) To instruct credit rating of enterprises, self-employed entrepreneurs and commodity transaction markets; to analyze and release basic information about incorporation registration and trademark registration of market players.
(13) To undertake administrative approval matters announced by the municipal government.
(14) To undertake other tasks assigned by the municipal Party committee and municipal government.
3. Assignment of responsibilities with relevant departments
(1) With Chengdu Food and Drug Administration
Chengdu Administration for Industry and Commerce is responsible for supervision and inspection on advertising activities of food, medicine, medical equipment and cosmetics. Chengdu Food and Drug Administration is responsible for handing over illegal advertising cases in the field of food, medicine, medical equipment and cosmetics to the Administration for Industry and Commerce. The two departments shall establish and improve the coordination mechanism.
(2) With Administration of Quality and Technology Supervision of Chengdu:
Chengdu Administration for Industry and Commerce is responsible for regulating product quality in the market; the Administration of Quality and Technology Supervision of Chengdu is responsible for regulating quality in production process. The Administration for Industry and Commerce is responsible for handing over product quality issues caused in the process of production to the Administration of Quality and Technology Supervision. The two departments shall establish and improve the coordination mechanism.