2017 List of Top Hundred Chinese Cities Published, Chengdu Ranked Sixth

www.people.com.cn |  release time:November 20th,2017

  On November 12, 2017, the press conference for the "2017 List of Top Hundred Chinese Cities" was held in Shanghai, and Shen Hanyao, Director of the Warton Economic Research Institute, officially published the 2017 List of Top Hundred Chinese Cities as a way to comprehensively assess the level of development and general capacity of cities. Beijing and Shanghai claimed the number one and two spots again with respective scores of 92.88 and 90.38, while Guangzhou took third place again with 84.34 points, followed in order by Shenzhen, Tianjin, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Chongqing and Wuhan. The top ten cities remained unchanged for three straight years, signifying the stability in the echelon of top ten cities.

 

  The Top Hundred Chinese Cities ranking includes two major sets of indicators, namely economy and non-economy (soft economy). Of these, the economic indicators are comprised of GDP and savings of residents, and account for 61.8% of total score; the non-economic (soft economic) indicators are made up of the four portions of science and education, culture, sanitation and ecological environment, and these constitute the remaining 38.2%. This series of indicators can comprehensively and scientifically evaluate the overall developmental level of a city's economy, society, culture and ecology.

 

timg.jpg

 

Online Consultation

Forget Password

phone number

password