Should foreigners working in China's social insurance? the Social Insurance Law of the People's Republic of China that took effect on July 1, 2011 stipulates that foreign aliens employed within the territory of China shall participate in social insurance in accordance with provisions of this law.
Conditions for Participation in Social Insurance
1. Aliens employed within the jurisdiction of Chengdu refers to people of non-Chinese nationality that have lawfully obtained Alien Employment Permit, Foreign Expert Certificate, Foreign Resident Press Correspondent Certificate and other employment certificates and foreign resident permits, and holdForeigner's Permanent Residence Card, and are legally employed within the jurisdiction of Chengdu.
2. Foreign aliens lawfully employed by enterprise, public institutions, social groups, private non-enterprise units, foundations, law firms, accounting firms and other organizations within the jurisdiction of Chengdu.
3. Foreign aliens dispatched to work in branch or representative organization (herein after "employment unit in China") within the jurisdiction of Chengdu after engaging in employment contract with overseas employer.
1. Chengdu Municipal Social Insurance Participation Personnel Addition List (two identical copies, stamped with employer unit's administrative stamp)
How to get it？Open http://www.cdhrss.gov.cn/ → Home Page → Forms Download → Social Insurance and Others.
2. Aliens to provide effective passport or Foreigner's Permanent Residence Permit original copy and 1 photocopy, and also Alien Employment Permit, or Foreign Expert Certificate or Foreign Resident Press Correspondent Certificate original copy and 1 photocopy.
1. After employment unit (or employment unit in China) recruit alien, within 30 days of processing employment permit, Chengdu Municipal Social Insurance Participation Personnel Addition List shall be filled out and submitted, along with other relevant application materials, to municipal and district (city) or county social insurance agencies corporate service window according to location of employment unit.
2. Municipal and district (city) or county social insurance agencies corporate service window will investigate and examine the submitted application materials, and for those that satisfies requirements, service will be accepted and information of personnel to participate in social insurance will be registered; A social insurance number for the individual personnel will be created, and a cash/cheque payment or bank payment collection notice will be printed out. The Chengdu Municipal Social Insurance Participation Personnel Addition List will be signed and received, with one copy kept for archiving purpose along with other application materials and photocopies.
3. For those that do not satisfy requirements, service will not be accepted, and within service time the employer unit (or employment unit in China) will be informed about all the materials to be completed or corrected, as well as service time.
4. After the employer unit (or employment unit in China) has processed social insurance participation for the alien, beginning from the month of insurance participation, the various relevant insurance fees shall be paid in full according to regulations, of which, the personnel himself/herself shall pay for a certain portion of the social insurance fees, with the amount to be withheld from salary and then paid for by the employing unit on behalf of the personnel.
Chengdu municipal and district (city) or county social insurance agencies. Tel: 028-12333
Currently, China has separately signed social insurance bilateral agreements with Germany, South Korea, Denmark, Finland, Canada, Switzerland, The Netherlands, France and Spain. The citizens from these countries who are working within Chinese territory shall join the insurance required in the respective agreements.