How to Report a Lost Passport

release time:July 10th,2017

1. Go to the public security bureau or police station and report the passport as lost, obtain a "Statement of Loss of Passport" from the public security bureau (PSB) in the city in which the loss/theft occurred.

2. The loss of the passport must then be reported to the Entry and Exit Administration Bureau. The bureau will then provide you a "Confirmation of Reporting the Loss of Passport". Following documents should be submitted:

a) Statement of Loss of Passport

b) Letter of certification provided by employer, inviting entity or travel agency.

c) A copy of the lost passport or other forms of identification attesting to the person's nationality and identity (e.g. ID card, driving license, social security card, etc.)

d) Items attesting to the person's accommodation in Chengdu, including hotel accommodation proof or the Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by the police station, if the person stays at a Chinese person's home. 

3. Once the passport is reported as lost, the Exit and Entry Administration Authority of the Public Security Bureau will declare the Chinese visa attached to the passport invalid online. 

4. The person concerned must apply for and obtain a new passport within 30 days after the issuance of the Confirmation of Reporting the Loss of Passport, and go to the public security bureau with the Confirmation of Reporting the Loss of Passport or diplomatic notes from an embassy or a consulate to arrange visa processing. Individuals who fail to obtain a new passport within 30 days (the 30th day included) and reside illegally in China will be punished by law.

Online Consultation

Forget Password

phone number