Chengdu Municipal Commission of City Management
(1) To carry out national, provincial and municipal policies, guidelines, laws and regulations concerning city management; to draft relevant local laws, regulations and provisions; to formulate development strategies, mid- and long-term development plans as well as annual work plans for city management and organize their implementation; to formulate systems and regulations for city management and administrative law enforcement.
(2) To be responsible for coordination and supervision of city management; to lead the efforts to establish comprehensive coordination system and accountability system for city management; to work with the relevant departments to supervise and inspect the administrative charging concerning city management.
(3) To be responsible for the supervision and management of city appearance and environmental sanitation; to formulate subject plans for sanitation facilities with the relevant departments, make standards for sanitation facilities of construction projects and participate in the joint examination, approval and acceptance of projects’ sanitation facilities; to organize the review of plans for key sanitation facilitation construction; to formulate management and technical standards for sweeping, dust flush discharge, domestic waste sorting and supervise their implementation; to supervise and manage the discharge, collection, transport and disposal of solid waste such as kitchen waste and domestic waste, the discharge, transport and disposal of construction waste; to supervise the disposal of medical waste.
(4) To be responsible for the supervision, management and maintenance of municipal infrastructure such as urban roads and bridges; to participate in the planning, construction and final acceptance of key projects of urban roads and bridges(including newly building, rebuilding and expanding), and to be responsible for supervision and management; to organize monitoring on urban bridge safe operation ; to supervise and manage the practice of digging and occupying urban roads, bridge reconstruction and facilities attached to urban roads and bridges.
(5) To supervise and manage the posting of outdoor advertising and signboards in the central city; to participate in the formulation of plans for the posting of outdoor advertising in the central city and organize their implementation; to be responsible for the supervision and management of the city's appearance and order; to draw up related system and regulations for the administration of city appearance and order and supervise their implementation; to be responsible for the supervision and administration of temporary occupation of both sides of road and public square which affect city appearance and order.
(6) To be responsible for the planning, management and maintenance of urban road lighting facilities and nightscape lighting; to supervise and manage the planning of street lamps in central city, urban nightscape lighting and lighting projects; to responsible for the review, inspection and acceptance of development schemes for urban road lighting projects, nightscape lighting projects.
(7) To exercise the power of administrative penalty in the management of city appearance and order, environmental sanitation management, urban greening, public facilities and posting of outdoor advertising and signboard according to laws, regulations and provisions; to exercise certain power of administrative penalty in the management of environmental protection, food sanitation, industrial and commercial administration according to laws, regulations and provisions.
(8) To be responsible for organizing, coordinating, supervising and inspecting the administrative law enforcement of city management; to supervise and inspect the law enforcement of city management officials; to take the lead in organizing major law enforcement and special operations on city management.
(9) To lead the operation of administrative department in charge of urban management in central city; to lead the investigation into the cross-regional city management administrative law enforcement cases and major cases in central city; to handle the citywide administrative review cases concerning administrative law enforcement of city management and process the complaints of city management administrative enforcement in central city.
(10) To take charge of international exchanges in the field of city management; to be responsible for scientific research and technology promotion of city management of and technology promotion work; to organize the publicity and education, cultural construction and social mobilization regarding city management.
(11) To lead efforts to organize citywide comprehensive management of urban and rural environment and dust control; to undertake city management emergency response and rescue work; to guide the city management work of governments at district (city) and county level.
(12) To undertake administrative approval matters announced by the municipal government; to organize the implementation of city management concession transfer.
(13) To undertake other tasks assigned by the municipal Party committee and municipal government.